Friday 20 January 2012

Telyermum

I've set up the following battle, which I'm calling Telyermum, to be fought next Wednesday night. I thought is was time to fight a battle without a Carthaginian element, and so I came up with this.


The dispositions are loosely based on the battle of Telamon 225BC. It was at this battle that an army sized Gallic raiding force of 50 - 70,000 men was attacked, as it retreated back to Transalpine Gaul with its loot, by more than 100,000 Romans and allies attacking from two directions.


The most interesting fact about the battle is recreated in my scenario - the Gallic army is facing in two directions and fighting back to back against the Roman pincer movement. I have chosen to fight slightly more evenly matched forces and given the Gallic army better defencive terrain.


All figures are Renegade. The Gallic army is 12 chariots, 80 cavalry, 396 war band infantry plus command stands. The Roman army is 64 cavalry, 576 infantry plus command stands.

12 comments:

Broeders said...

That is an amazing looking table! Truly impressive.

Ray Rousell said...

Fantastic!!! What a great looking game!!!!

Mike said...

Great table and figures. This should be very interesting.

Paul´s Bods said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
Paul

Rodger said...

Fantastic looking table!!

Anonymous said...

My word, sir, that is a FANTASTIC layout!

Excellently done!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness...

Cyrus said...

Amazing looking table and game!

JTW said...

I love these huge setups, such great scenes! I'm very, very slowly accumulating enough figures for some diorama work, but will have to limit myself to much smaller scope. Really neat to see more epic scenes.

TamsinP said...

Wow!, Just, Wow!

I think that's what my table wants to look like when it grows up

Der Alte Fritz said...

The colorful figures, the big table, the storage cabinets and the militaria decorations on the wall - you have it all! This is what Wargame Heaven must be like. I only wish that I lived nearby so that i could play in one of your games.

Willie Anderson said...

Great set up james don't fancy being a Gaul under these conditions!!!!!!!