Friday 8 March 2013

New Stradiotti Units

Yesterday evening, I finished knocking out a couple of Stradiotti units. The figures are by TAG. When they arrived in the post I liked them very much but, having painted them, I think they are more 'wooden' than other figures in their renaissance range. Having said that, all of the figures were cleanly cast and were very easy, and quick, to paint.

I bought 15 figures (1 unit pack of 12 plus a blister of 3) to make 2 units of 8 figures each. The missing figure (not pictured) will be made up using an Old Glory Stradiot left over from when I reorganised and based the collection. As it happens, the figures mix reasonably well, though the OG stradiot is more 'dynamic'.

I have not done any standards specifically for these units as they can fight for anyone. Those with upright lances can be used as bearers for sabot flags (flags on 3/32" aluminium tube). Link: http://olicanalad.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/top-tip-flags.html

Anyway, the units:




6 comments:

TamsinP said...

Beautiful figures James :)

Gonsalvo said...

They look very fine, as always, James!

Phil said...

Fantastic looking Stadiotti, I really like them!
Phil.

Oli said...

They look great, I like the colours you have used for them. I have some in my collection and I know what you mean about them being a bit wooden but I think they are still good figures. Have you been tempted by the Perry ones? I think they look fantastic and are on my to buy list

Unknown said...

beautiful.
Always a pleasure to have a look at your minis.
cheers

Seb

Hendrid said...

Great looking figures, but I know what you mean about 'wooden' compared to some of their other releases, but looking good non-the-less.